Download The Complete Media Kit
Why Interview Sylvia Hepler?
Dynamic, practical, fresh insights on leadership and professional development – audiences are inspired and energized by Sylvia’s story and wisdom. She provides information especially pertinent to leaders, managers, and those who aspire to executive positions.
Possible story angles:
- Using personal challenges as career development opportunities
- Why you don’t need to wait for a perfect life to advance your career
- Enhancing your confidence at work and in life
- How your leadership voice can enhance your professional influence
- Maintaining your career focus even during times of high stress at home
- Becoming a leader by volunteering and community service
Author Sylvia Hepler, owner and president of Launching Lives, LLC, is a career development specialist for managers and executives. Her professional background includes extensive nonprofit management and leadership, public speaking, and a long history of helping others grow successful careers. An avid community leader and volunteer, Sylvia has been honored for leadership service in several organizations. The author of a monthly business column published locally and syndicated across the country, Sylvia resides in Mechanicsburg, PA.
Sylvia’s new book, Learning Leadership Through Loss, helps professionals uncover the hidden career strengths gleaned during times of great personal challenge. After you hear Sylvia’s story, you’ll never look at ‘personal problems’ in the same light.
- Your book encourages us to look at life challenges as career building opportunities. Why do you feel that way?
- How can we give ourselves credit for the leadership lessons we learned outside of the office?
- So many people, especially women, think they need to wait until their kids are grown, things are settled with aging parents or life is under control at home before they try to advance their careers. You disagree. Why?
- How can people develop more confidence at work?
- One of the things you discuss in your book is the wide variety of voices that leaders can use and leverage to get optimal results. Why is that important?
- You’ve faced some extremely difficult situations at home, yet still managed to maintain a challenging career. Can you share some of your best tips for exceptional job performance, no matter what’s going on at home?
- What tips could you share for people who feel stuck in a dead end job or blocked from career advancement?
- Why is volunteering a great way to serve your community and develop your leadership skills?
- You share the story of your husband’s long illness and eventual death and how that experience shaped your career and your leadership skills. So many people would have been tempted to become a victim of that loss, instead of using it as a growth opportunity. How were you able to do that?
- You work with many executives and business leaders. What tips can you share for our listeners who want to get a promotion or increase their visibility at work?
- Who could benefit most from the information in your new book?
- Where is your book available?